Winter "Frosty" Sig
Crafts Wednesday, December 21, 2011
I saw this idea on pinterest and I had to make one. If you want to see the original go here. I do NOT have a silhouette machine so this project would have been CRAZY. EASY. However, I do not so here are my instructions:
You will need a supply list
6 - 4 x 2.5 inch blocks.
acrylic paint and brushes
printer and ball point pen (or silhouette machine)
I went to home depot and got a CRAP TON of wood from the scrap box. The sweet home depot guy even cut them into the 4x2.5 inch blocks. How sweet! It was only $2.00 for seriously 50 lbs of wood - yay!
1. First I painted the blocks a light blue.
2. I let it dry. while it is drying I cut my scrapbook paper so that I had one light then one dark color.
3. I mod podged it on the wood and let it dry.
4. While it was drying I font a font I liked. I used word and
made three columns so it had a bit left over. I am sure the silhouette machine would have cut this time out almost completely.
5. I used a ball point pen, and traced each letter on to each piece of scrapbook paper. It is REALLLLLY hard to see, but I then traced each letter with a pen.
6. Then I colored in each letter how I printed it.
7. Once it was dry, I mod podged it, then I sprayed a clear coat.
Voila! p.s - I plan on making the back side Valentine's Day - stay tuned!!!
Posted by Just A Primary Girl at Wednesday, December 21, 2011