Crafts Wednesday, December 21, 2011
This was a FAST and Easy but beautiful gift I made for my brother and sister in law and their new baby!
This sign was F.R.E.E - my favorite kind!!!
Materials you will need:
2x4 piece of wood
white acrylic paint
printer and ink
1. I found wood in my fire pit! First I sanded it and then I put it in the oven for 15 mins on 250 so any bugs would die - you would be surprised how many things end up on the baking sheet - YUK
2. Then I printed the word miracle. I used the tutorial here for an awesome way to transfer letters to wood and get them perfect every time! This lady is crazy smart! Visit her blog!!!
3. I used a ball point pen to trace the letters on the wood. You press super hard and it makes the smallest lightest imprint - but its enough! Paint your object on the inside. See on the right the indent it makes?! Awesome right?!!?
5. Once it is dry you can put minwax stain on it. I used dark walnut. I swear it WON'T ruin your project -
6. Once it is stained - let it dry - YOU ARE DONE!!!
Sit back and admire your work!!!
Posted by Just A Primary Girl at Wednesday, December 21, 2011