Well, I have so many projects going on at once. I am pretty sure my husband is going to have an appointment with a divorce lawyer soon if I bring home one more project. I need to finish a few before I bring home anything else! Does anyone have things shipped to their school just to avoid their spouse finding out they purchased things?! I have a rug being shipped directly to school for that very reason! I couldn't find a cute purple one at all the back to school sales no matter how hard I looked, so I ordered one!
Ok well, I am linking up with Tara over for her Monday Made It!
Made it Number 1
|I got these magnetic holders to hold my calendar numbers and birthday numbers for my magnetic boards. I got them from Dollar Tree years ago when my theme was red. I still used them each day last year even though they didn't match.|
|I wrapped the box with masking tape to hide some of the dark red color.|
|Enter Washi Tape. All my bloggy instagram friends have driven me to figure out how wonderful this stuff is. I don't know its longevity, but I like how it turned out!!! :)|
|This is one I did for my lunch choices - also magnetic.|
|See my red ones for morning meeting money holders... I am redoing these as well!|
|Enter Big Lots PURPLE Duct Tape! Whoot!|
|Look how great these look!|
Now, to figure out how to paint those pocket charts that don't match!!!
Made it #2
My two friends in first grade inspired me to try
fail this project.
Here is here original post, or you can click her picture.
|I gathered my materials. My friends in first said they used inflatable balls, but I wanted to use balloons because they are more cost friendly.|
|The purple is multi-colored purple and looks good, but I think that the yellow thicker yarn is going to hold better. I think I need to more yarn. Man it takes forever though.|
|We will see how they turn out once they dry tomorrow. I will keep you posted...|
Made it #3
|Here is my old green polka dot lamp from my previous black, white , red and green classroom theme from years ago... even then it didn't really match my room. It has bothered me for years.|
I knew I wanted to change my theme this year, but wasn't sure of what to do to change my lamps.
First, I tried wrapping the lamp in my trusty purple duct tape.
Not bad, right?
|Do you see how many projects I have going on at once? Top right corner is a half finished wreath, in the middle right I have another project that is currently in progress.|
|I decided to use these ribbons I previously used on my lampshade. Yes, I hand painted that lampshade a few years ago.|
This didn't look too bad, but how would I do the remaning curvy parts of the lamp post? Overwhelmed, I thought I would do the lamp shades before tackling the rest...
I added chevron ribbon and hot glued it on the pointed edges first.
Then, I put in the purple ribbon - in a V-shape and hot glued that down.
Added two strips of yellow and a strip of black polka dots! x 3 more sides!
We will just need to see how it turns out...
Oh, the lamp posts. I primed the remaining parts with white primer.
|Then I sprayed with my Big Lots Purple spray paint, right over top of the tape but of course it looked awful!|
|Look at that hideous two toned purple!!!|
|I unwrapped the purple tape, and just spray painted the purple on to the post. I am spray painting right on top of next week's made it Monday! :)|
|Look how cute it looks now! :) I LOVE IT!|
|I am going to do a different lamp shade though for the other one.|
|The shade turned out so much better than I thought! It matches my room perfectly! :) Plus, I only had to buy the spray paint. The rest I had on hand from my wreath that I made!|
|Here is the wreath that I made for my door! I can't wait to hang it! :)|
Now, if you made it this far, I am going to add a freebie on my TPT page just until Wednesday morning.
I am toying around with the idea of making all of my items only $1.00 for the rest of the summer since I know how much money we spend on our classrooms!
I made my own chevron reading strategies. I hope that you like them, and can use them in your classroom!
Please be sure to leave feedback, and be a follower of my TPT page.
Aren't they the cutest ever? I just love how they turned out!!!
Here is a hundred's chart that I also made that I will be sending to staples to have blown up for $5 to replace my old boring one! You can click here to pick that up in my store as well. There are several different choices.
At the end of the year we have to have everything off the floor and put away. This made me so sad to see everything down, but it is kind of nice to have a fresh start. I also had to change rooms for next year so all my things were moved five doors down too.
Initially, I wanted my bulletin boards to have the yellow chevron like the picture above, but the pattern was too small and it looked busy, and I just didn't like it up there.
Here is my fantastic chevron ottoman from Kohls and I just love how my chair turned out!!!
Don't forget my crate seat that I made too! I just love how this area is starting to look! :)
Have a great day!