I got three Liebster awards last week! This is so exciting!
I wish I had time to fill out all the questions that everyone put out there, but my 3 year won't have it, so I am going to pick and choose 5 from each blog that nominated me!
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
First up is my sweet friend at Owl In A Vowel Tree
1. Crunchy or Smooth peanut butter? -
smooth Jif - no doubt
2. If and when you create things for your classroom, what program do you use?
I use powerpoint. I used to think people were nuts, until I tried it!
3. What is your favorite color combination?
Purple and black, but have since moved toward purple, gray with a hint of yellow
4. What is your most favorite subject to teach?
I love teaching kids to read - just amazing watching them implement all those strategies while they read.
5. What is your favorite restaurant?
Bonefish is my favorite chain, but Noku Sushi in NOVA is the best.
6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
I'd like to fly so I didn't have to sit in VA traffic.
7. How long have you been teaching?
December will be 5 years.
8. Did you have another career before becoming a teacher or have you always been a teacher?
I worked for Medco Health (Accredo) for 7 years taking care of very sick and dying patients. I was their advocate to help pay for their life sustaining medication.
9. Who is your favorite adult author?
Emily Griffith or James Patterson
Children's book author? Cynthia Rylant hands down.
10. Do you like scary movies?
I pretend to. I am a pacer once they start so I can't watch them in the theater.
11. What school supply can you just not live without?
Then Ms. Richards Musings
1. What is your favorite part about the summer?
Watching my son play in the pool. He gets so excited!
2. How do you relax?
What does relax mean?
3. What is your favorite non-school related activity?
4. Why did you start blogging?
two years ago, once I kept trying to show my husband all of my stuff I create. I could tell he wasn't so interested, and I figured someone had to be!
5. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
I used to say Florida because of the weather, but I am thinking some place that only is 75 degrees year round. I am hating the heat.
6. What is one thing you want to try with your students next year?
Getting better at conferring meaningfully.
7. What is your favorite Pinterest-inspired meal/activity/etc. that you have made or want to make?
I have 2000 plus pins, so I can't narrow it down, but I wish I could. I love all the ones that show how to create space savers in a small house.
8. What is your favorite blog? (Besides mine.)
I would say that I love Teri from a cupcake for the teacher. She is so talented - I was one of her first followers, when she had 35!
9. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
10. What is one thing you are looking forward to next school year?
A fresh new themed room
11. When was the last time you were on a plane and where did you go?
2007 - to Virginia for a conference.
Finally, Top Dog Teaching
1. What do you like to do when you're not at school?
Shop for school books!
2. What is your favorite dessert?
I love to eat ice cream with reese cups!
3. Do you have any pets?
We had a Rottweiler named Neeka, but she died from cancer April 1st.
4. What is your favorite holiday?
5. If you weren't a teacher/employee of a school district, what would you be?
6. Where is your favorite place to visit?
Home - Pittsburgh PA
7. What inspired the theme of your blog?
At the time, I didn't have a permanent grade level, and didn't want to chance creating a specific one and being moved and having to start all over.
8. What is your favorite book?
The Old Woman Who Names Things By Cynthia Rylant.
9. What is the best part of your job?
The thank you's from parents at the end of the year.
10. What is your favorite grade to teach or age to work with?
1st grade always.
11. What is your favorite restaurant?
Now I need to have 11 facts about me
1. I HATE bananas. Yuk
2. I was born on Leap Year
3. My dad graduated high school the year my mom was born. haha
4. My favorite song is It Takes Two by Rob Base
5. My name was going to be Charlie Marie but my pap wouldn't allow it
6. I am a hoarder of books I never read. I think I just like looking at them.
7. I had shingles as a kid when I was 10 and they scarred - worst year of my life
8. I was in labor for over 36 hours.
9. I wanted my son's name to be Vance, not Reid.
10. I only sleep about three solid hours each night...just can't sleep
11. I had back surgery six months ago, and may need another one. BLAH
Questions for my bloggers that I picked:
1. What is your all time favorite song?
2. iPhone / Droid/ Galaxy?
3. Why did you name your blog what you did?
4. How often do you blog?
5. How many products do you have on your TPT page?
6. Do you designate time to blog or fit it in where you can?
7. How long do you have off for summer?
8. What teacher supply can you NOT live without?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. Do you have any children?
11. If you have pets/children - how do you balance it all? What relaxes you?
Ok now on to the fun part - my recipients.
Britney at Tailor Made Teaching
Kate at Fun in ECSE
Ashlea at Miss McDonald's Memoirs
McEachen at It's a Core Thing
Wendy at Read With Me
Lauren at The Sweetest Thing
Amanda at A Very Curious Class
I sure hope so. I know it is a TON of writing, but it really allows us to get to know one another. Be sure to follow me, and stop by those friends I nominated.
Have a great day!